What type of hosting is right for your business?
Cloud, CPanel, VPS – navigating the wide world of potential hosting options can feel like a minefield. However, understanding the attributes of various types of hosting is critical for managing your web performance and successfully addressing customer demands. Here’s our no-fail guide to banishing hosting woes for good.
Cloud web hosting
The cloud refers to a web-based hosting option where data is hosted on off-site rather than on in-house servers. This form of hosting is quickly gaining popularity thanks to its easy accessibility, storage capacities and virtual infrastructure that easily scales.
- Pros: Is your business enjoying a swift growth trajectory? Based on a subscription or pay-per-use model, cloud hosting is designed to absorb ebbs and flows in your IT capacity.
- Cons: If you operate a data-sensitive business, it might be worth giving cloud computing a miss – this hosting option is higher risk in terms of data loss and unauthorised access.
cPanel web hosting
cPanel is a feature-rich hosting option that allows you a high level of control over your online enterprise. cPanel providers incorporate a graphical interface as well as automation tools tailored to administer everything from blogs, shopping carts and website content to server attributes such as bandwidth.
- Pros: CPanel’s easy-to-use control panel and high functionality allows new business owners to personalise their website and hosting requirements – a feature that’s tailor-made for a company on the cusp of growth.
- Cons: Although CPanel scores points for its heavy automation, it does require regular updates and patches to ward off malicious attacks.
VPS (virtual private server) is a hosting option where your physical server hardware is shared with other websites while maintaining dedicated access to system resources. This type of hosting combines the cost-effectiveness of shared hosting with the reliability of a dedicated server.
- Pros: VPS hosting offers a high level of scalability – most providers allow you to increase your bandwidth as your business grows.
- Cons: Because system resources are split between different websites, VPS hosting can sometimes invite server issues and maintenance conflicts.
Ultimately, it’s important that you carefully consider your business goals before investing in a hosting solution. What type of hosting best reflects your needs?
Netregistry offers different packages for Cloud, cPanel and VPS hosting. If you would like to speak to someone about the best option for you give us a call.