The below article outlines the steps involved in transferring a domain to Netregistry. The steps to transfer to another registrar may be different. If your domain is already with Netregistry and you simply wish to move it into another account, see this article on merging accounts.
Transferring a domain to Netregistry
Depending on the type of domain you are wanting the transfer, the steps to transfer your domain may vary.
- Transfer a gTLD domain to Netregistry (com/net/org/info/biz)
- Transfer a .au domain to Netregistry (com.au/net.au/id.au/org.au)
- Transfer a .uk domain to Netregistry (co.uk/org.uk/me.uk)
- Transfer a .nz domain to Netregistry (co.nz/net.nz)
- Most other domain types use the same procedure as gTLD's
Bulk domain name transfers
This is currently only possible for .au domains.
- Login to the Console
- Select the Order tab
- Click Transfer multiple .au domains
- Follow the onscreen instructions
Domain Name Transfer Duration
The time it takes to transfer a domain is dependent upon the type of domain name. Or when owners authorise the transfer of the domain. Please see the table below for a rough guideline:
|Domain Extension||Time to Transfer|
|.com / .net / .org / .info / .biz||5-7 days|