If you have purchased the Simple Email plan powered by Office 365 then you can set up this email account using Microsoft Outlook with a POP connection.
Important note: IMAP and ActiveSync is not support via Outlook for Desktop using this plan and you will need to upgrade to either Business Essentials or Business Premium to utilise IMAP or ActiveSync.
Exchange ActiveSync (EAS) for Smartphones is available with this plan however.
- Open Microsoft Outlook for Desktop
- Click ‘File’ from the top left navigation menu and ‘Add Account’
- Select ‘Manual setup or additional server types’ and click 'Next'
- Select ‘POP or IMAP’ and click ‘Next’
- Enter your basic login details in the format displayed below.
- Your full email address
- Account Type should be POP3 (IMAP & ActiveSync are not available).
- Incoming mail server: outlook.office365.com
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): smtp.office365.com
- Click on ‘More Settings’
- Click on the ‘Outgoing Server’ tab and select ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’
- Click on the ‘Advanced’ tab and enter the below settings:
- Select SSL encryption
- Outgoing Server (SMTP): 587
- Select TLS encryption
- Click on ‘Test Account Settings’
That’s it! Your email should now be set up and ready to use.