Online payment platforms that work
If you’re a business owner with an online presence, then you’ll understand the importance of your website as a marketing tool. If you’re selling products and services through your site, it is important to be just as well informed about the types of e-commerce features which will enhance sales and help you stay on top of your accounts. Here are some e-commerce characteristics that you don’t want to be without.
- Is your shopping cart solution, search engine friendly? Having control over tags and meta descriptions as well as keywords will enable you to optimise search engine results. The ability to generate keyword associated URLs based on products is also important.
- Having clients willing to make online payments at your site means finding hosting and security for your website that ensures Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance. So educate yourself about PCI compliance to avoid penalties such as hefty fines.
- You will want an e-commerce payment platform that allows for up-selling or cross-selling. This refers to the ability to sell products which complement those already being purchased. So before your customer reaches the online checkout, they have been informed about other products which may interest them.
- Product reviews have proven to be a solid marketing tool so an e-commerce solution that promotes reviews of your products and services is an important addition.
- Flexible pricing solutions will enable you to establish multiple pricing options for products due to marketing specials or based on the type of customer e.g retail or wholesale.
- Catalogue management requires an e-commerce solution that will assist you throughout the life of a business not just at set up. You will require a product that allows for catalogue additions and enables solid inventory management.
- Analytics and reporting are essential so find an e-commerce solution which not only offers its own reporting, but integrates with something like Google Analytics. The ability to save and export these reports is also essential.
- Shipping is an all-important component of any online business so your e-commerce shopping cart needs to integrate with courier companies such as TNT or Fastway, as well as Australia Post.
Whilst PayPal and Google offer some great solutions for businesses online, it’s advantageous to speak to a professional who can help tailor your e-commerce solutions to your business. If you would like to talk to a professional or would like more information regarding e-commerce solutions, call Netregistry on 1300 638 734 to speak to one of our consultants.