Why transfer your domain name
Simplify your domain portfolio and keep all your domains together in one account. Manage your domains seamlessly, with 24/7 access to the powerful administration features provided by our customer console. By keeping your domains in one secure location, you avoid the risk of losing track of one or multiple domains, reducing the chance of accidental expiry. With your domains all in the one spot, you’ll also save on management costs.
Domain name transfer process
- .au transfers are actioned once confirmation has been received by Netregistry from the authorised contact for the domain
- It takes 48 hours for the relevant domain registry to transfer the domain
- While the transfer process is free, registrations within the renewal period (90 days to expiry) will require the registration renewal payment to be submitted at the time of transfer.
- Top level domain transfers take 5–10 days to complete
- You may need to contact your current registration provider to remove a registrar lock on your domain before you begin
- You may transfer an expired domain to Netregistry. However, if the status of the domain is "Redemption Period", "Pending Delete" or "Expired", you will not be able to transfer the registration and should contact your current registrar.
- Requires a minimum of 1 year renewal upon transfer, which is then added to the end of your registration period.
- .nz domains must be submitted with the UDAI (Unique Domain Authorisation Indicator)
- .nz domains are transferred instantly
All .uk domain names require manual processing. If you wish to transfer a .uk domain, please complete the following .uk Domain Transfer Form.